06 February 2009

Hello Again

It's been a long long time between postings. Can't say I've missed it, truth be told. It took a lot of energy to follow the Obama saga at such a fever-pitch and for so long. Election '08 madness just reached the the saturation point for me back in November, I guess, and an extended break seemed in order. Can't say I'm ready to jump back on that (maybe dead?) horse again, but I'm flirting with the idea. Thought I'd give it a whirl today.

Nothing at all deep-dish to offer y'all today, though. Just some random musings on a few characters and key players from Election '08 that I thought I'd share:

Sarah Palin: She's like the Energizer Bunny from that advertising campaign back in the day--isn't she? Remember those TV ads? Where the Energizer Bunny would just randomly invade commercial spots in which he had no place, banging on his stupid drum while the Snuggle Bunny was busy trying to sell fabric softener or the Whassup! guys were in the midst of pushing their brand of beer, or whatever. I'll be, like, watching CNN and contemplating "The worst economic crisis since The Great Depression" or something, Ms. Palin far far from my mind... and then I'll hear the breaking news of her feud with Ashley Judd or whatever. Irksome, to say the least. I wish she'd just stay on her tundra and leave me in peace. But I know that ain't gonna happen. The one consolation: it's pretty fun being mean about Sarah, I have to admit. Takes me back to the old days...

Joe the Plumber: Like the poster-child for every person who doesn't know what the hell to do with his/her Life. Maybe I'll open a plumbing business. (a beat). Wait, maybe I should run for Congress instead... No, make that Joe the Country Singer instead. (a beat). Scratch that: an Author is what I really am. And by "author" I mean self-appointed Ambassador to the world.

Oh Joe... I'd like to judge you, I really would. But black as your kettle may be, my pot is rather black itself. Trying to pull off a career change in this economy has me bouncing from one potential job title to the next, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment