22 October 2008

The "Celebrity" Hall of Shame: Sarah Palin

This will be a recurring feature on my blog. "Celebrity" has been placed in quotation marks because I plan to name all those who, imho, behave as though they were celebrities. (And I did 8 years of hard time in The Biz, so I know a bit on that topic).

Today's winner: Governor Sarah Palin.

Congratulations, Ms. Palin. From "Miss Congeniality" to "First Lady" of my Hall of Shame... you've come a long long way, baby.

Shopping sprees at Neiman Marcus funded by the RNC, sticking the Alaskan taxpayers with the travel-expenses bill for your "entourage", trying to wink-and-charm your way out of doing any of your homework, not even the basic Government 101 lessons re: the Constitutionally-defined duties of the Vice President of the United States...

If it walks like a celebrity, and quacks like a celebrity... well, guess what? You, Ms. Palin, are acting like a Celebrity. Sadly, I have no "parting gifts and prizes" for you. But, I am working hard on your Sash (because I'm Arts & Crafts-y like that).

Look, I have no idea what your future role on the national (or world) stage will be, or which way Election 2008 will swing. But please, stop getting all Greta Garbo when it comes time to "Meet the Press." Rush Limbaugh may be part of the "media", but he is most certainly not a journalist. We citizens rely on journalists (the responsible and intellectually rigorous ones, anyway) to act as our watchdogs. Hollywood celebrities have every right to shun the press. Capitol Hill "celebrities" do not--and I'm pretty sure the Founding Fathers would back me up on that point.

And take a cue, Ms. Palin, from that so-called-celebrity, Barack Obama, who actually looks like he could do with a new pair of shoes... http://www.acouplethings.com/blog/2008/10/update-while-obama-resoles-his-shoes-palin-spends-150k-on-clothes/

No comments:

Post a Comment