06 November 2008

Even Some Republicans Are Trying To Ride Obama's Coattails

Good God, Karl Rove. Before the election, you were saying that Obama was the most liberal Leftist. After the election, well now you're saying that Obama is really a Conservative, or Center-Right Centrist. You threw me for a loop there, Karl. For about a minute. And then I realized what you're trying to do: steal some reflected glory from Obama's victory and his mandate from the people (through your usual spin), in an attempt to save your cannibalizing Republican party which is currently eating itself alive.

Nice try, Karl. But now I understand this wave of articles I've been encountering lately that ask the question: Is Obama the true Conservative? Is he really Ronald Reagan, the Sequel? And so, did the Republican Party in effect "win" this election? Once you just put the proper spin on things?

Maybe y'all aren't evil (exactly). You're just hopelessly incompetent and totally inept... and 8 years wasn't long enough for y'all to even figure it out. Or maybe you just make the same mistake that Hollywood studios often do: you underestimate the intelligence of your audiences. Then scratch your heads when those movies tank.

One thing I've learned though: I will not trust labels, any of them, that others try to attach to our new President and his Administration. Conservative or Liberal, Republican or Democrat--they're just labels. And I don't care (anymore). From now on, I'll do my own homework and come to my own conclusions, thank-you-very-much.

No comments:

Post a Comment